My son lost his testicles. adult content

My son was born at 24 wks gestation. At 29 days old, his appendix ruptured, and he had to have surgery. While in there, they found that he also had an incarcerated hernia, and his left testicle was involved, and died- and therefore removed it. When he was around 5 months old (a day before his actual due date) he had another incarcerated hernia, but this time on the other side.. they went in and fixed it, and had to call in a urologist because there was no blood flow to the remaining testicle. He was able to reattach some blood vessels, but wasn't sure if it would take. He said that only time would tell if it would heal, or dissolve back into the body.
I took him for an appointment today (he is now 5) and while doing a check, the doctor could not find his testicle. They are sending us back to Childrens in Seattle. Has anyone else dealt with this?

jsikapv

Asked by jsikapv at 1:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I am very sorry :( What do they say are the long-term effects? Is there pain with this?

hugs

Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, man..poor little guy. Bumping for you.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, wow, I don't even know what to say! There have to be others who have dealt with this, but I can only imagine they would be few and far between... Maybe if you talk to the doctor they can point you towards a group or something for families with health conditions... Beyond that I wouldn't even know where to tell you to look... Good luck dear and Blessings are coming!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Bump momma! And good luck.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• :(
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 2:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• God will work it out just trust in him. all the best.
    evakui

Answer by evakui at 3:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thank goodness no but lots of hugs for the little one and you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sharell- I don't know the long term effects yet. We're going to WA (we live in Alaska) to see a specialist. I guess I'll find out then, I'm just trying to find out some info from other mom's that may have gone through this... maybe I'll write a journal.
    Thank you to all that answered & for the best wishes.
    jsikapv

Comment by jsikapv (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am so sorry. The doctors can give your son artificial hormones at the appropriate time so that he will go through puberty.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• im so sorry this has happened. my nephew has a twisted testicle when he was a few weeks old and he had to have it removed. the Dr. did say they can do an implant when he was older if he was self-concious about it. i recommend this when hes older.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010