Does/do your kid/kids play an instrument?

My Son is nearly 3 1/2 and has been showing a major interest in the piano..I'm wondering if it'll stick, and would love if it did! He loves music, period.

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 2:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter (4) has her own set of real drums, a keyboard, an acoustic guitar and microphone to sing into. (She doesnt know it yet since its all christmas lol) but she has had two "play" but real drum sets that broke easy (cardboard mostly) and a play keyboard, and couple toy but real electronic guitars and for two years plays with them almost everyday. So we knew it was time to get her the "REAL STUFF".

Please get your son a keyboard. Get him one that is "like" in sound and view to a real piano sound and keys, then youtube some ideas on how to teach your son to play at an early age. You will be amazed at the spongy brains in this age group that are eager to learn.
    tsjpop

Answer by tsjpop at 2:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My sone plays the trumbone in the band at school and loves it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My oldest has been drumming since he was old enough to pick something up and bang it on something else. He's been drumming on a full kit since he was 2 and is incredible now that he's 10. He is also learning guitar and saxaphone, and he's just got this innate, amazing musical talent. I have no idea where he gets it because I can't even keep a rhythm.

I don't think it's too young to start on music at all! If there is a talent there, it is good to start nurturing it at a young age when they are learning so quickly.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son is 6 and he's getting a guitar and guitar lessons for christmas
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son plays the flute and he has a guitar. We are looking into lessons for the guitar. He also really wants an ocarina. It is a small ceramic flute.
    He is 11 btw.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not yet, but they both LOVE music so I wouldn't be surprised if they started!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My Son has His own real drumset, as well. But He has been obsessed with pianos since He saw Twilight! lol.
    -AJ

Comment by -AJ (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• so far no he doesn't seem interested just yet
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 2:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sounds like my Son, riotgrrl..my Little Man is so freakin' talented! He has had His drumset since He was two and proves daily that He was born to ROCK!
    -AJ

Comment by -AJ (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2010