Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps


Answer Question

Asked by ALITAS4 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It would depend on what happened and why they need help financially.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

  • Be honest with your children about their father.. Dont lie about the situation but try not to be overly negative either... remember when your kids hear u speaking negativly about their dad.. they maybe thinking... well he's half of my genetics.. and if he is that bad of a person maybe I am a bad person? So be careful because little hearts can be hurt unintentionally... They can always learn the truth about the absent parent when they are adults.. no reason to bog their childhood down... As far as financial support.. there is no reason that you shouldn't have a child support order on file.. even if he isnt working.. if he ever does work or win the lottery or whatever.. the state will make sure that you are paid your back support... Your children need you to protect their intrests...and they deserve his financial support even if he chooses not to be a part of their lives physically..

    Answer by redhed1383 at 3:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

  • Check with your department of human services as well as your local town or city hall to see what assistance programs may be available to you. As far as the father being absent, that's tough. But maybe you have male relatives or friends who could spend time with the kids as positive role models?? Best of luck. Take care.

    Answer by SS_2010 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

  • Many women raise kids without the help of a dad. I did and they turned out fine. Financially? Did you get cs for them? If not and any of them are still under 18 you can apply for it now then ask for back pay. I'm getting that backpay for my kids now and they are in their 30's.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • admackenzie is right, you can get a LOT from back cs, mine was only 2 when I started getting it and I was awarded $5000 for back child support. If you still need help why not try Department of Children and Families, they can tell you what kind of help you could get and how to apply for it.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • How old are your kids???

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN