Navy wives?

My husband just left for the Navy yesterday. We have a 1 year old son together and I'm just stressed out. I've never been through this before. Can anyone relate?

NavyLady89

Asked by NavyLady89 at 4:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is in the Navy, been now for....5 1/2 years. I am assuming you mean he left for boot camp? It will be over before you know it! My husband went to Coast Guard bootcamp and Navy bootcamp so I understand! He will be able to call a couple times and write weekly! So you will hear from him some! You can write him letters as much as you want, so if you need to write everyday, do it! But, while at bootcamp, though he will be able to contact you some, is also in place to get them ready for the real Navy....deployments! So you won't be hearing as much as you want, but that is just something we have to learn to live with! You will be fine :) Before you know it you will be back together!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh trust me - I can totally relate! I've been a Navy wife for 18 yrs (my dh has been in for 20, we met while we were both in the Navy). If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. Also, there's a great group on here for military families called military moms - lots of encouragement and good advice there for all branches :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I can, My husband has been in for almost 7 years, we've been through 3 deployments and countless smaller things.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2010