So depressing..

Ok, so I got fired on my 90th day..that was 8 weeks ago. I have been desperately seeking a job (in my field) and NOTHING. Whats the problem? I have tons of expierence and a great attitude. Help! I'm getting depressed. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• my dh is in the same boat, only it's been 12 weeks. It's tough out there.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Why don't you just work from home? No one can fire you, unless you fire yourself, you never have to watch the sexual harassment video and you can work in your underwear if you wish.
    Not every work at home job is a scam, MLM or boring. I'm sitting in my PJ's right now, sipping cocoa, watching my paypal grow out of control. What are you doing right now?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with the above, it is tough out there. Are you in the mean time going to accept maybe a temp position or something that's available until you get a job in your field?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hi, I'm sorry to hear your having such a hard time. You aren't alone, thats for sure. I only have 2 pieces of advice, Vote tomorrow. In the long term we can make this better. And you can make a little extra money taking surveys until you find a job. It's only about $100 per week but it helps. They don't try to charge you anything or ask for a credit card. Good Luck.

You can try the surveys by clicking HERE

home_teachin

Answer by home_teachin at 9:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The job market is tough. What is it you do? Where do you live? Lots of advice, but knowing these things would definitely help. One of the most important things is networking and recognizing that your industry is probably very competitive. My son got a promotion (over others who had been there longer) simply because he asked at the right time. Let me know a little more and I'll see what I can find.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Not many companies are hiring, instead, they are laying off. Times are tough for everyone, just every experiences it a different forms. That is why we need CHANGE and quick.

Why not consider a home based business you can do on your spare time. Who knows, you may not need to go work for someone else. Please visit my profile page to learn more about me and what I do...You can contact me anytime.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Go outside of your field. hey, you never know...

Stay encouraged...In the mean time, if you can, volunteer, (network) you never know who you may meet.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm looking for people who are serius about working from home, someone who wants to make real money, to get off debt, save for the future and reduce financial stress. You must be realistic about needing to work to make money, real incomes requieres real work!! So if you are interested just let me know and I'll respond you with more details.
    Monicasm

Answer by Monicasm at 10:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• OK! Thanks everyone..I am a Medical Assistant..or short for underpaid nurse, but anyways, I am currently working with 3 recruitors and still no position. I live in the metro Atlanta area.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Personally I would try to find something at a mall or anywhere just to get an income until you find what you want. My hubby was laid off a week ago. He's got a package until the end of December. If he hasn't been hired by November 15th I'm heading to Target or the Mall just to work for x-mas money and hopefully at a store with a discount:):) In the mean time I'm trying to amp up my at home business. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2008