Tell me about your experience with...

your friends/family member coming on to your husband/OS. I don't want to hear about how he pushed her away and told you about it, I want to know about the ones you caught or he told you after the fact and how you dealt with both of them.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I found out after the fact that my cousin gave my exhusband a blow job. She was a teenager at the time. I did not make a big stink about it or even let on to her that I know. I just stopped having anything to do with her and know not to trust her at all. I am still civil to her at family functions but don't spend time with her. He was already my ex by the time I found out about it, and she was not the only person he cheated with. I probably would have had a very different reaction if I'd found out about it while we were still together.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sorry, my husband hasn't ever taken up the offers so I'm not sure I can help you on this one. I am bumping you, though. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It only ever happened once, with a coworker years ago. She was going through a divorce, and really she wasn't attracted to him-she was attracted to our relationship. She literally was attracted to the thought of a man being married to one woman for a long time. She said she had no idea what she was thinking, admitted she was not attracted to him, and just couldn't get over the thought of not being married anymore. Not that big of a deal really, but sad no doubt.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We have no contact with my familoy so it's not a problem. HOWEVER, myhusband's family on his step moms side are way into martial arts. Uncle Bobby owns a karate studio chain and his son Justus is world champion. Another cousin just got his 5th degree black belt. You get the idea. they are all VERY good looking guys who like to get shirtless and pose for pictures and do the hakka at family functions. He knows that I find his cousins (and uncle mark) attractive. I don't flirt or anythign of the nature. But I have told him what I think and he feels completely fine with that. He knows I won't do anything.
    And honestly, my husband usually tells me when someoen hits on him or when he finds someone attractive and I'm okay with that too. I know he's not going anywhere. SO really there's nothing to handle.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 8:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Here is a bump. Mine has never taken up on any advances. Quite the opposite..he is oblivious to the advances. I have caught them. There was a former "friend" of his who would try her hardest to get in there with him. He had no intrest in her, in even being friends again, but she did not get the message. Yes, I turned into the territorial woman,lol. Everytime she "showed up" somewhere(I still think my MIL had something to do with that) I would step a little closer to him. I would not give her the chance to come inbetween us. Eventually she( and my MIL) got the hit and she stopped "showing up" everywhere.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• also, i have no story
    but i do have more appreciation for being single now
    thanks for that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2010