If you can stomach the article, at what point do you think Harry Reid lost his mind? Any recent dates come to mind? Any recent events? wth is he thinking?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11/16/senate-battles-over-earmarks-reid-calls-such-spending-an-obli/

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm speechless! barfing but speechless...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Welp the people of his state keep voting his crazy a@@ back in going crazy

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• He and Nancy are the scourge of the democrat party. Kennedy would be but he is on the wagon now. Oh wait. He died.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• "I believe, personally, we have a constitutional obligation, a responsibility, to do congressionally directed spending. I do not feel comfortable turning that over to the people downtown," Reid said, referring to federal agencies that would assume the responsibility of designating federal funds in the absence of congressional direction.

It's all too clear.  Didn't Reid make part of his fortune by buying land that ended up being used for an earmark project? 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• McConnell is a wus. Harry Reid is an egomaniac old geezer who is more of a pawn for casino unions..... Next...?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• complained it would only take power away from Congress and give it to the president. "I am not in favor of delegating my constitutional responsibility to the White House," he said.

So with these words, I am having problems making heads or tails.  Is it that he doesn't want to lose the power, or is it that the doesn't trust the WH do use it correctly?  LOL.  Conundrum . . .

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, and to answer the original question, I think he lost his mind when the American people voted in a balance of power. It must be hard to watch it all disintegrate in front of your eyes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Reid lost his mind years ago. Anyway, I had to marvel at the article and the instances that some were able to get military items through earmarks. Why not just just put it in the budget or in a separate bill just for that? They are playing on peoples thoughts that we should do all we can for the military. Great, I agree too but earmarks are not the only way to do it. That's the problem with congress. Things are done all wrong. I say bring on as many one issue bills as they want. Vote on them and if they are good and they are known to be worthy of spending then they will pass. The day of 3 day work weeks is over. Get in there and do the business that needs to be done. Bribes and favors are not included.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I see why none of you like Reid. Its because you are not Democrats.

I see why you would like him he is as delusional as you are.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My main problem with Reid is that he is has become a career politician. He is only caring about what his position can do for himself. He is a power-hungry and only time he does anything good for America is if it will make him look good.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010