Kids in the bed?

Do you allow it? Are you okay with it, do you like it or not?
I don't like it and if it were solely up to me I wouldn't allow it. I don't sleep right and so when I sleep I am like the dead a stone a rock you're lucky to get me up if I'm real tired. Seriously. It's like that. So withmy daughter I banned it and all went okay, it really did. Withmy son however he is a total, wants to be in the bed and my hubs allows it. Won't force him, and I guess that's okay it just kinda bugs me since he's not aware of pillows and whatnot sometimes.
When my hubs is at work though, I do like to make a pillow barrier and have the baby in bed with me, especially if I'm needing serious sleep. Which some days I kinda do.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 8:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• no I don't allow it. And I haven't had a problem with it. My kids are nearly 3 and 5.5 and everyonce in a while they will ask if they can sleep with us I say no you have to sleep in your own bed and that is that. I haven't ever had an issue with trying to get them out of my bed because I never made it an issue. I am more than ok with it lol. And yes I like it because then DH and I get privacy time as well. My DH will ask me can the girls please sleep with us tonight. He will tell me he misses them since he only gets to see them for about 2-3 hours day because of work. I tell him no and sometimes my DH begs me so what I normally do is say then I am going to go sleep on the couch then he says fine they wont sleep with me then lol. We have a qween size bed so me DH and 2 kids the bed isn't big enough for the 4 of us anyway lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we do not allow it, unless one of them is extremely sick! Me and DH need a personal and private place, and we think that it is important to teach boundaries!@
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, we don't allow it anymore. We have a chaise lounge in our bedroom and if they are really sick we'll let them sleep there but the few times we let them sleep with us in bed, I ended up going and sleeping on the couch! Needless to say, we don't do that anymore.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 9:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't care what others do. For me it wasn't working, I can't sleep with them in bed, if they want they can sleep on my floor.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I cosleep with my babies until they start sleeping through the night, but after that they are out of my bed.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Our kids have co-slept since day one... My DH & 4yo share a bed, and my 3yo usually ends up in my bed every night... Once the baby is here, she'll be in my bed too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I did with my first baby and it was a bad idea. I thought I would never get her out of my bed. I did not make that mistake with my next 2. They slept in their own beds from the beginning.
    lorig2010

Answer by lorig2010 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010