Where do they sleep when they're scared or sick?

My daughter sleeps on the couch when she's scared or sick. I once found her at the bottom of the stairs. She'd gotten afraid and brought her pillow and blankey down adn crashed right there at the base of the stairs. It was cute, I took pictures. A few times we let her sleep in our room on the floor and over the summer when it was too hot to go upstairs we got out her old crib mattress to sleep in her play area on. In Jan when family all come out she'll get to sleep in our room on the mattress then too.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 8:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• mine sleep in their rooms even then, but they just kinda stop wanting sleep with us sometime around their first birthdays, my youngest stopped about 5 months ago though, i would try to still cuddle with her in my bed but she refused. my toddler has recently started where if she gets scared cause her room is too dark trying to sleep at the top of the stairs or going in with her oldest sister. usually i will calm them or cuddle them in their beds and then go back to my bed.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my kids haven't ever been scared of the dark or to sleep alone. They aren't aloud to sleep downstairs at night cause I don't trust my kids too lol. But if one is sick they sleep in their own room in their bed. The reason is so she hopefully doesn't give it to her sister and also because well first DH can't afford to get anything since he works and is our only income and I can't afford to get it because I have to take care of the kids and house and if I get it then I have noone to help and when I am sick I can't even get out of bed without throwing up so ya I try staying to a distance lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• With me. Or on a cot or sleeping bag in my room....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When they're sick they sleep in their room. When they're scared I'll comfort them, but they'll go back to their rooms to go back to sleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If they aren't in their own room they sleep on the floor in my room.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010