i have a newborn and babysiy a 3 yr old....

the 3 yr old is sick and has a NASTY COUGH!!! i don't want my baby to get it, would it be ok to have him wear a breathing mask????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the germs are still there :( the 3yr old prob. wont keep it on in the 1st place.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Don't let him come. It's mean, its harsh but if you can in any way afford it tell the mom that the he needs to stay home for the sake of your newborn.
    I have friends who's babies ahve caught RSV and that isjust plain NASTY. oxygen masks and house arrest (not litereally but practically). Just not worth the risk if you ask me.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 9:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wouldnt let him come.
    CaptainCookie.

Answer by CaptainCookie. at 9:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• he is already here..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If he's there strap a mask on him and tell the mother that when he is sick like that, keep him home!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I dont think the parents would want you to put a mask on their child. Just amke sure that he doesn;t breathe in is face and everytime you interact with the 3yr old before picking your infant up wash your hands.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would send him home.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would try and seperate them as muh as you can today and wash your hands OFTEN...may suggest to his mom he needs a stay at home day tomorrow! set him up with a vaprizor to make him feel better... and then decide on what you will do the next time... this is not going to be the first time this happens ...for sure~
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When she comes to pick him up make sure that she knows she MUST take him to the doctor before he comes back. It could be anything. A plain cold, croup (which can be pretty bad), or even whooping cough which is so bad.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010