what kind of health insurance do you have??

what kind of insurance do you have and is it too expensive??right now my son doesnt have health insurance because my husband cant add him or me to his job heatlh ins. they will literally take all his pay check but i want to shop for a private health insurance outside of his job,i really need my son to start ABA but with out insurance is too expencive.do you think he'll be denied??because of his condition(Autism)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I get excellent health insurance through my employer. I "only" pay $250.00, my employer picks up the rest. My policy covers me, my husband, and my 4y son & is valued at about $15,000 per year.

If i lost my job i don't know what we'd do becase DH is self-employed.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• What is ABA? Many insurances have a system whereby you have to have it for between 9 months to two years before they will not consider something a preexisting condition. We currently have really crappy walmart insurance and even they do that. We once had really great insurance who when they found out I got sever post partum depression that led to me going into the hospital becuase it came out that there was ahistory of depression refused to cover any of those related expenses because it was preexisting.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 9:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• For your son,apply for Medicaid.
    We have Blue Cross Blue Shield of California thru my husband's work. We're paying $270 a month for the 3 of us

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My husband is in the military, so insurance comes with the job. I am worried about when he gets out though! I hope by then we have settled enough so I actually can have a good job with benefits, but I am really worried about what will happen with our insurance!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My husband's employer provides our family of 5 with Great West/Cigna PPO at no charge. We have excellent medical/vision coverage. I only wish the dental portion was as great. We have an out of pocket with dental unless it's something basic like x-rays or cleanings.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we have United Health Care. It's good. We have gotten to the point where we do not pay anything towards the premium because of the amount of time DH has worked for the company - Whole Foods. They cover all basic health. We pay about $100 for vision and dental for 5 people. We are screwed big time if he loses his job - both DS2 and I have pre-existing conditions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• (ABA)is the therapy my son needs to treat his autism and without ins. is like 4,000 a month!!!medicaid does not cover for ABA!:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Anthem BlueCross...it is through DH employment.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not sure if your husband's job insurance can automatically and legally deny you coverage. Sounds strange because you are legitimate members of the family. Look into the policy and make a few telephone calls to the insurance company--and not his job site--to get the details.

Also, look into your State run Child Health Insurance Plan--called "CHIP" in some states. Call your County of Public Assistance office for details on what to do to qualify and apply. Generally there is low cost insurance available to children through the age of 19.

GOOD LUCK, and keep us posted if you find anything out. Yours is a very familiar story to a lot of us out here!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We have Aetna. Not bad. 80/20. Had to fight with him on BC though. We pay roughly 220/month for medical, dental, vision,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010