Progestrone levels

I have had 2 m/c this year and have had 1 doctor say that it was because of my progestrone level and another doctor say it was just bad luck twice. Well I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant again and my progestrone started high at 26 on 11/3 and then 38 on 11/5 then I was tested again on 11/15 and it dropped to 25. I have had no cramping or bleeding which have been my dead givaways the last two times. I guess I just want to hear people experience with this hormone. I am currently taking 300mg of progestrone supplements a day.

Thanks

Mommy2be51306

Asked by Mommy2be51306 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure every doctor/clinic is different...but mine told me that they wanted my levels at 20 or higher. Going by that, your levels sound fine.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• With me progesterone was a weekly injection. It is one of the necessary hormones to maintain a pregnancy. But it does work. Following my miscarriage I've had three healthy pregnancies and babies using the progesterone injections.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My level dropped down to 15 in my last pregnancy after two miscarriages that I think were caused by low progesterone. I took the progesterone suppositories twice a day until I was 14 weeks. My pregnancy progressed normally and my son was born healthy, 8lb 11 oz and 12 days late! =) I will be honest...I didn't get excited about that pregnancy until I saw his perfect little body on my 20 week ultrasound. Keep taking that progesterone and communicate with your doctor your concerns. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have had five m/cs and they blame low progesterone. I am taking 200 mg of promrtrioum vaginally twice a day. Hope it keeps my little bean safe! I am completely in love.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010