Progestrone levels

I have had 2 m/c this year and have had 1 doctor say that it was because of my progestrone level and another doctor say it was just bad luck twice. Well I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant again and my progestrone started high at 26 on 11/3 and then 38 on 11/5 then I was tested again on 11/15 and it dropped to 25. I have had no cramping or bleeding which have been my dead givaways the last two times. I guess I just want to hear people experience with this hormone. I am currently taking 300mg of progestrone supplements a day.

Asked by Mommy2be51306 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure every doctor/clinic is different...but mine told me that they wanted my levels at 20 or higher. Going by that, your levels sound fine.

Answer by DMac08 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• With me progesterone was a weekly injection. It is one of the necessary hormones to maintain a pregnancy. But it does work. Following my miscarriage I've had three healthy pregnancies and babies using the progesterone injections.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My level dropped down to 15 in my last pregnancy after two miscarriages that I think were caused by low progesterone. I took the progesterone suppositories twice a day until I was 14 weeks. My pregnancy progressed normally and my son was born healthy, 8lb 11 oz and 12 days late! =) I will be honest...I didn't get excited about that pregnancy until I saw his perfect little body on my 20 week ultrasound. Keep taking that progesterone and communicate with your doctor your concerns. Good luck to you!

Answer by khedy at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have had five m/cs and they blame low progesterone. I am taking 200 mg of promrtrioum vaginally twice a day. Hope it keeps my little bean safe! I am completely in love.

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010