How hot is too hot??

I absolutely love my bathtub... it's my sacred place where I can go and no one bothers me. I read my book, I relax, it's wonderful. However, I have been wondering how hot is too hot for bathwater? I love a hot bath, but i know it's not good when I get pregnant. So, what is a safe temperature for a bath?
Thanks!!

lamr

Asked by lamr at 8:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have read that anything that raises the bodies temp over 102, for extended periods of time, is a no-no. Like a hot tub or sauna. I think a hot bath is probably okay. I am the same way about my baths!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 8:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• if you get out before you feel like you are hot and going to pass out you should be fine -
    i know i like my baths to be realy hot (like you could poach an egg in it) and if you like them that hot you wont be able to stay in it for very long -
    also a good thing to do (which probably sounds realy strange) is get a huge glass of ice water and before you start to over heat drink it ...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Thanks ladies... I was hoping for that answer!! Yeah, I love my baths hot, but maybe I'll just cut down on the hours I spend in it... lol! Thanks again!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 9:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• dont cut down on the hours you spend in it LOL the reason hot tubs are off limits is because they perpetually heat the water. No matter how hot you get that bath water it starts to cool right away so its totally safe! dont deprive yourself... you know you dont want to LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008