Do you ever wonder if something happened to you to prevent some larger castastrophe from occurring?

Such as this morning I walked out to my van to find one of my (brand new might I add) tires flat. So flat it is sitting on the rim.

Other times I have been a few minutes late leaving for work or going somewhere.

Or when you get stuck at that dreaded red light.

I can't help myself from thinking.... what if I HAD left on time... HAD made it through that light, etc.... and then gotten involved in a huge wreck that had injured (or worse) my babies and myself?

But fate had other plans for our safety.

Do you ever wonder?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I think about it every day when I get my girls out of bed. Everything happens for a reason. In my case I was a teen mom prego at 15. If that had never happen to me I believe I would be in jail or dead. I was headed down a very bad path and becoming a mom changed me right then and there. I saw everything differently. Changed my life so much that I was able to have a wonderful relationship w my mom before she passed this year. If it werent for my unplanned pregancy I would have ruined my life and hurt everyone in it. But fate had a different plan for me and changed it all and still is. Now I have 2 beautiful girls who I consider my angels.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 9:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. I believe in everything happening for a reason. There is no coincidence.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Quite a few times. In fact, one that really sticks out was the time when we were traveling home and we were only 30 minutes away from home, but decided to go ahead and stop and get a bit to eat. When we finished, we noticed a lot of traffic on the interstate so we took back roads home instead. The next day, I read about the wreck in the newspaper. It happened just a few minutes after we decided to stop. There was no telling what would have happened if we had not of stopped.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think about that all the time too.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I used to wonder about things like that but ....not as much. I think everything is just random.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, the weekend my father got killed in a car accident we went on a mini-vacation to Orlando. Actually, it was one of the best family vacations we had ever had. The kids, my husband and I really bonded and enjoyed each others company. We got back late Sunday night and I passed out only to be awaken at 4:02am by my son telling me that my mom was on the phone with his grandmother and that they had just gotten into an accident and papi was passed out. The accident was close to my house and I was there by 4:09am. Within minutes the cop walked over to me to tell he "sorry, but your father didn't make it". Life has never been the same. I often wonder if I hadn't gone on that mini-vacation, maybe I would have done something that night that would have prevented them from going to bingo. I live with that every single day...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes, but not on traffic lights and quick moment things
    more like
    if i had not been in that crappy marriage for so long, i would not have been where i was at that time in my life to meet the next man, who i had a child with , did have to leave him-bummer, but i know that in time i will look back and think, if i did not leave him at that time..THIS would not have happened

life (to me) is like a huge woven fabric, and everything that you do=a thread, is connected to all other threads

so the universe is threads woven together to make time and space = just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes i do think like that alot. or i think of it in a positive 'what if ' sort of way too. like;; i should have called this guy and not thrown away his number. damn he is an MD!!
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010