I had a C-section one month ago and a few days ago started to notice that my bleeding increased and that instead of the old blood that's been coming out (sort of brownish cause it's already been one month since surgery), I started to have new, red blood and even see small blood clots when I go to the bathroom. Is that normal? Did anyone else have it? Thank you!

olivia101510

Asked by olivia101510 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• You could be having your period. I'd keep an eye on it and if it gets out of control call your dr.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• it's probably your first post-partum period. you probably will still pass clots for a while because you're body is still cleansing itself of after-birth ish. any severe pain, discomfort or very bright red blood and soaking more than 2 pads in an hour is not normal and you should be seen by your doctor asap.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'd say post partum period too. It's a nasty one for a lot of people. Mine was excruciating after my first child. Blood clots, heavy flow, the worst cramps ever, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i had one a few weeks ago and was told that small nickel sized clots are okay. and yes, you may be getting your period already.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thank you, guys, so much! I feel releived! Thank you!
    olivia101510

Comment by olivia101510 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I believe it is normal because I had the same thing happen to me and I was very worried so I call my doctor and they told me it was nothing to worry about.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010