how do i get my 2 year old to listen better?

he doesnt listen to noone he throws things back talks tells everyone no he does anything he can and we did everything we can he hit people he does anything i can think of we dont know what to do

mommysboys2010

Asked by mommysboys2010 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter went through this stage we gave her no room for error. Every single time she acted out or did something like what you're describing, she got a single swat on the butt and was put into time out. If she turned around, it started over. When she threw tantrums I would leave her alone in her room for a few minutes and then come in an say "enough" in my mommy voice (usually enough to get her to stop). For public places, I'd drop her off with grandma or have daddy stay home with her and I would tell her that she didn't get to go to ____ with mommy because she couldn't behave right and that maybe she could go next time if she shows me that she can be nice.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Feel free to email me if you need further help/advice ^_^
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would be firm on whatever it is that you want your baby to do. You may have to stand still and stop everything to show him that nothing will move until he listens. My son just turned 3 and I went through this. You are going to need patience like never before. Hang in there with the little guy and you will reap the rewards later! My son runs through the halls, saying "yes, Mom!" even before I call on him for anything. They like to see how far they can go with us Mommys!! Good Luck!!!!
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 11:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010