Do you think almost 8 weeks is too long to wait?

The first day of my last period was Sept. 11th, a funky short one at that with mostly dark discharge. havent had one since, because i missed several pills, i know it throws my cycle way off, but because I have had sex several time during all this time and before of course, now my mind is going nuts. I have taken 3 urine tests, but all came out negative. Yet I still have had no period, i have symptoms of pregnancy, but as we all know it comes with menstration as well. I have even gained weight! I schedualed an appointment but its not until January 14th. Do you think its been to long since my last weird period? How much longer should I wait till i just walk in and get a stupid blood test! lol! if they would allow it! any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh by the way I did stop taking my pills altogether thinking I could trig my peroid to start, thats what usualy happens.
    Anonymous

• the only thing they can really do until 12 weeks is an US if your insurance will cover it (which I had medicaid so it didn't at that point) and have you pee in their urine test.

honestly, I've never gone to a prenatal appointment before 12 weeks. Just take prenatal vitamins and don't do anything you wouldn't do if you were pregnant.

my docs with medicaid always waited until 12 weeks mostly because that's when you can hear the heart beat.
    Anonymous

• happened to me... 3 negatives test and then finally a positive one! the home tests just dont always pick up if the level is too low
    Anonymous

• When did you take the test that was positive?
    Anonymous

• i have been to an appointment before 12 weeks - my first baby i was in for my yearly pap and the doc came in and said guess what you are pregnant... then with this pregnancy i was 4 weeks along when they knew i was pregnant...
    they can tell by an internal exam
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i would march in and say i NEED to be seen i havn't had a period i am concerned for my baby and myself help me now.
    tavia87

Answer by tavia87 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you can go to the hospital and tell them you are experiencing a lot of stomach pain...they will ask when your last period was...say Sept 11th, and they will ask if you have taken a preg. test, say no...then they will draw blood and do an ultrasound
    Anonymous

• anonymous 9:25 knows how to work the system! woo hoo! I would do that if you cant wait. Keep taking pregnancy tests but take them rigth away in the morning. If you dont get a period soon you NEED to be seen. My doc sees all prenatal patients by 8 weeks and they do an ultrasound to be sure the pregnancy is established and hear the heartbeat. Like another mom said take prenatals just in case
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had three false negatives even though I felt pregnant and kept telling people that I thought I was and etc. Basically if you think you are you should go get a blood test today because the first weeks are the most important... if you just have that gut feeling then go with it..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008