Nosebleeds

I'm 14 weeks and have been getting nosebleeds every few days for the last 2 weeks. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes- you are short on Iron - its typical with pregnancies... ask for an iron supliment from the dr (or look for one over the counter) and dont take it within 2 hours of taking calcium or drinking milk (it will block your body from absorbing it)... also to help your body absorb it take a vitamin C pill with it (these you can get over the counter)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nosebleeds are common throughout your pregnancy either from your nasal passages becoming swollen which the doc says happens in pregnancy. Also it could simply be an increase in your blood volume which is something your body does in preparation for birth. My doc said not to worry about it, i'm 24 weeks along and get nosebleeds all the time. You can use vaseline to coat the inside of your nose to moisturize the area, or look for a nose spray that'll moisturize.
    YungMum_STL

Answer by YungMum_STL at 9:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have been getting nosebleeds since I was 8 weeks pregnant (22.5 weeks now). I get at least 3-4 a week. Doc says its all normal cause of the increase blood. Keep a box of tissues everywhere like bedroom, car, work, some in your purse cause they happen anywhere.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes-I got wicked nosebleeds when I was pregnant.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008