What's the best thing that happened to you today?

I know being a mom is tough and overwhelming. But what's the best thing that happened to you today?
My son turned one and it was 70degerees outside. I took the day off from school (i'm in college) and spent it with him! I got to play in the leaves and see Ethan's face light up every time the wind would blow the crispy dried leaves around our yard. Even with all of the stress, there are great moments in every day.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I walked into my house after a LONG day at work.... I heard a wonderful laughing baby.... as I walked into the living room, I saw my husband laying on the floor playing w/ our 6mth old DD..... a beaming smile on both their faces.
    a.butler

Answer by a.butler at 9:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My daughter washed her hair by herself for the first time tonight :) She was very proud of herself too, and that always puts a big smile on my face.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• That sounds like a really nice day. The best part of my day was just being happy thinking of how good my relationship with my husband is and reading a story to my son tonight.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• One day with no drama...

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Today was actually a pretty damn good day for me. I didn't have to wake up early to work because I'm a substitute teacher and its records day in our district...no school. It started with waking up as a family...my SO is actually home after 6 months working out of state...we were all in bed together and got to chill out for a bit. I woke up with my daughter and made rice krispie treats first thing in the morning for fun while daddy slept in. After I got her sat down with breakfast and a cartoon, I went back into the bedroom for some "mommy daddy time"...lol...not a bad way to start the day! We went shopping, out to eat, and then took a nap before I had to be to work for my night job...but even that went really smoothly!! It was fantastic! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The best thing that happened to me today was when....my daughter 16 years old daughter came home from school!! She is my last baby home and when she is gone, I feel so empty so when she came home and I saw her smiling face, well that just made my day!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well, today was pretty typical. But the best part was when I picked my 3 yo DD up from preschool, and I was asking her about her day. I asked "Who's your best friend at school?" She said "Violet, and your my best friend at home Mommy." That was the best thing I had heard all day. :-)
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• 1. I got to sleep in an hour later
    2.Watched Stuart little & snacked on halloween candy with my son
    3. Took an 2 hr nap snuggling with my little boy
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The best thing that happened to me was that I went shopping with my mom for my daughter's baby shower this weekend. 3 more months!!!
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I woke up on time to take T to school! Got him to school on time and then came home. About 3 hours later my fiance called me from Iraq!!!!! I hadn't heard from him in 5 days. (I'm used to talking to him everyday!) And I was starting to think that something had happened. (I know I'm not supposed to think like that, but sometimes the mind plays mean tricks.) Anyway that was the best part of my day. Wakin up with T and being able to spend time with him before school and talking to my hubby!
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008