So, apparently, I am the only person here that bothered to read the safety manual on carseats...

Tell me that someone else knows that you never strap a baby into a carseat with a puffy coat or snowsuit on?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yup.. I know. Only because I had my first baby in December & the nurses at the hospital said that I shouldn't put her in a carseat while wearing a snow suit.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• YaY!!! Well, I was just voted down numerous times for giving that piece of safety advice.

Those puffy things compress and baby is no longer protected by the straps and can go flying...
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would not automatically assume she did not read the manual. She was merely asking for human, person to person advice from other moms. Support is nice, picking is not.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wasn't talking about the OP of the question. I was referring to those that voted me down when I gave factual safety advice.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, I knew that. I had one of those JJ Cole bunting things that went over the carseat like a shower cap.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• YES, I knew that it's not safe to wear a bulky coat in a car seat. There are lots of links out there, here are just a few...

Coats and Car Seats

Winter Coats and Car Seats

Car Seat Safety

carseat.org FAQ
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I know that is a big no-no. I just warm up my car, carry my kids out with blankets, put them in, and cover them up. Extra work on my part, but its for their safety so I dont mind.
    If anyone wants to hear it from a professional, I recommend you contact safekids- you have a TRAINED AND CERTIFIED technician near you, who will tell you the dangers of it.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010