How often do you change your color scheme for Christmas

for example your tree tell us what you usually change

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I change our tree every year. But I do try to transition one year to the next. Like a cowboy tree with red decorations, then the next year red white and blue, the next year blue and silver, the next year silver and gold....and so on.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• every yr its diff but i try my best to use the stuff i have lol last yr it was a good old fashion amircan christmas this yr its silverbells with angles
    bumkins_mummy

Answer by bumkins_mummy at 10:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't change it - we just add to it. We're military and move a lot, so there's a lot of "change" in our lives normally, so we like some things that are "the same" :-) However, every year, we get at least one new ornament per family member, usually something that represents something that they're "into" at that point in their lives, and I write on the back (or bottom, or on the box - so it's not visible on the tree, but we see it) the initials of the person the ornament belongs to, the date, and the duty station. We really enjoy hanging the ornaments and remembering when we got this one or that one, and when our kids move out (they're almost 18 and 16 so that time is coming soon...), they can take their ornaments with them. We have some from when my dh was a kid - his mom did this, too. lol - it's prob good they're moving soon, since our tree is pretty full now ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't usually have a color scheme...very eclectic and child centered.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010