Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Women should work if they want, not because they are have to.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I disagree. Some women just have to work. Obviously some women choose to but many don't have a choice, to care for their familes they have to get a job.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Unless this is also considered true for men, then it's not true for women. Why should we just assume that we're going to be financially taken care of? I'm teaching my girls that they should be ready and able to take care of themselves so that they are prepared for whatever happens.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think you should work if you hve to period. If you dont need the money then you have a choice. If your family is struggling you need to work! Staying home is a priveledge not a right.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I DO NOT agree with it if the family is on welfare/PA, and the only reason they are is because they want to be a SAHM. We can afford for me to stay home, and we don't live off the government. Quite the contrary actually.. We pay in quarterly taxes, so some Moms can be SAHMS, and it infuriates me...

If a family CAN afford for the Mom, or Dad to stay home, then it's no business of mine...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think it all depends on that womans situation. I am blessed enough to be able to stay home with my kids. But, if my dh was not able, I would def get a job and then maybe he could stay home.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree 100% with ceallaigh.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No. Who's going to pay the bills? Divorce rate is over 50%, and alimony is a thing of the past. There should be no distinction between the genders in regard to work or staying-at-home.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Haha, it's about the "should", isn't it? Since I'm providing for my family I wouldn;t mind if your statement was true .... sometimes. lol Unfortunately that's not how things work nowadays.

BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i disagree. it does not matter who works to bring income into the home. some women think because they birthed humans, that its their right to stay home. its a priviledge; if you can afford it, do it. otherwise, get your butt out there and work!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would only agree with it if it was for both sexes. My DH was a stay at home dad for two years. Nobody should just be allowed to stay home. Staying home should only be an option if both parents agree and the one who works wants to work and makes enough money.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2010