36 weeks pregnant and my baby is breech ,

im 36 weeks and i have my baby breech, ive been having contractions , do you think the doc would deliver my baby feet first or???????

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No he wont deliver feet first. He should give your something to stop the contrations. If your water hasnt broke yet he/she can move up to the last second :) Good luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My 2nd baby was breech, I had to have a c-section.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No they don't deliver feet first, too much of a hazard. Hopefully your baby will flip around and come out head first when it comes time for delivery.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 1) are you sure it's contractions or could they be braxton hicks?

2) baby can change postions as late as active labor, I wouldn't panic about it because

3)depending on the exact presentation, it is safe to deliver a breech baby. Some postitions are better than others.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Ask your DOCTOR -DON'T TRY BY YOURSELF- about External Cephalic Version, or turning the baby. You can also call chiropractors and ask them! A chiro in my town does them.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• try www.spinningbabies.com for tips and tricks on encouraging baby to turn. Also look for chiropractors that are skilled in the WEBSTER technique. You can also look into acupressure and acupuncture for getting a breech baby to turn. If all that fails, you can try the External Version with a skilled OB. Last but not least, you can seek out an OB or midwife that is skilled in vaginal breech delivery.

Best thing you can do no matter what position baby is in, is to wait for labor to start. Babies can flip, even while in labor and it also helps to ensure that your baby will be ready to be born.

Good Luck momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010