Why does he cry when i lay him on his back or touch his stomach?

he will be a month on the 19th. his liver is swollen right now. having trouble with bowel movements.

mamaTmota

Asked by mamaTmota at 10:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It kind of sounds like when my son has bad gas. Try milicon drops, if it doesn't work and his crying persists, I would call the doctor.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If his liver is swollen, I would assume he is in pain from that. Check with your doctor on methods of relief.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Why is his liver swallen? I know a lot of people say to lay your baby on their back, but my kids have all been belly sleepers. I stayed up with them, and slept in a chair next to the crib, but I couldn't help but let them be happy when they slept. It's to difficult to listen to them in pain for any reason, then when they need to relax I don't know, it's your own discresion, but I'd call the doctor if it's really bad. If in deed it is gas, a little bit of leg excersises can relieve it too.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• sounds like gas or constipation to me, Try moving his legs in to touch his stomach and back out, should help ease discomfort ( it always did with my DD) , or rubbing his tummy, try a little gripe water ?
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Gas? Try gas drops and call his Dr if that doesn't work they might know something else.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would be sure to check in with the Pediatrician, could be needs gas drops, just depends.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010