Is it too soon???

my little one is 23months old, i am wondering is it too soon to start potty training, what are some sure signs she is ready, and whats the best way to go about it, without overwhelming her. because mentally she is pretty advanced she speaks spanish english and is Trying (not encourged) to learn sign language on her own. she says her abc's up to p and many more GREAT things am i asking too much to want her potty trained already????

tavia87

Asked by tavia87 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No its a perfect time to start. Is she taking off her own diaper or telling you she went potty? Those are sure signs of being ready. I like the idea of using a stool and a little toilet seat for the big potty. It worked great for my 2 girls. You can either use pullups like the cool alert ones or underware with the rubber underwear to wear over them. They've both worked for me. And the main thing is to remind her to go potty often during the day.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If she can walk, she can be potty trained.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My daughter is 22 months and is well on her way to being fully potty trained
    photomamma1220

Answer by photomamma1220 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008