Would you apply in person or online?

I want to get a second job and at least here there are many places showing as hiring on line. My question is for places like McDonald's, Taco Bell, pizza delivery or retail should I apply on line or in person?

What about a house keeping position? The ad said apply in person or email resume.

Trying to find something to help us get by till DH work picks up again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• In person it is more personal.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• For most fast food places, if they say to apply online, they won't even take applications at the store level. And, if they do, it's possible it'll never get to the manager. I'd apply online, then talk to the manager the next time you're in, explain that you applied, and that you're very interested in working for them.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i usually do both when i am looking for a job some places such as walmart..taco bell and such only have the applications online now especially stores now...so try both hope this helps♥
    ..........♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I prefer applying in person, but some places make you do it online now. GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think applying in person is better. You want the employer to remember you while he/she is making a hiring decision.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In person
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Person. They get a lot of online applications and dont look at them sometimes until it's an emergency. In person They'll have in on file and see your face and remember you.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think in person. For me it looks better to be there in person because you took the time to go there insted of sitting at home to do it. The jobs that I was looking at getting the only way you can apply is online and i hate it...I want people to remember me lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Definitely in person. You make a better impression and have a point of contact. Also, online apps get lost in a huge list very often. Plus, they can be cross referenced nation-wide, so if you didn't screen capture all those personality questions and get one wrong next time around (within three months or so), you'd most probably be thrown out. I really hate the online application process.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Online. A lot of places especially retail locations let you apply to multiple stores with just one application online. Plus most stores don't even accept applications in person. The target by me has 2 computers for people to use to apply online. Just incase The person doesn't have a computer or Internet.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2010