Spots

Ladies, I need to pick your brains.

What can cause red, raised bumps on the left ribcage only that are not itchy? He also complains of a sore throat and stomach ache.

Yes I have taken my kid to the doctor but the doctor's two ideas don't fit. He is testing for mine but the results won't be back till the morning. So just trying to figure out what this could be.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• sometimes antibiotics can cause this type of thing..also i hate to worry u but strep does some pretty strange things like this too...my son and daughter had strep throat with no sign's they never complained of a sore throat or anything no fever..until boom one day i noticed there heads were awfully warm and there hands were peeling and they had little bumps on them took them straight to the er and they had a certain type of scarlett fever from the strep virus
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• is it painful? shingles? (form of chicken pox virus)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not painful. Hasn't been on any meds besides his usual vitamins. Also, his little brother has strep throat and had the same exact bumps on his face...yet the doctors says there is no way that this could be strep. However, I talked him into running a strep test, well an overnight one, he refused to run a quick strep even after the nurse accidentally took a swab for it anyways.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• hmmm...I was going to guess at shingles. Lots of viruses will cause a rash once they are not contagious anymore. Since it was on his face, ask about fifths disease..??
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well it was on the little brother's face only. They are gone now. However, this kid only has them on his left side.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2010