OK Spinoff time!lol If you are pro life,and your dog was pregnant with 14 puppies, would you take her to the vet to get an abortion?

LOL

No, but seriously. My neighbors cat was barely pregnant again, and took her to the vet to get her fixed. Someone from her church told her she was a murderer for doing it. She just didn't want her farm cat to have it's 10th litter.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think what she did was smart. To many people do schedule their animals to be fixed and then the animals gets pregnant BEFORE the scheduled time and the owners decide not to go through it thus bringing in more animals in a world where we don't need any more. And most of the time the owner never re-schedules so the animal has a few more litters.
    Also, it is somewhat the same as killing an animal to eat it. There is no difference between a dog and a cow, they are animals they both show the same emotions just because you can cuddle with one over the other doesn't make them different. Some countries eat dogs and cats. I think it's best to stick it through and get the animal fixed even if it is pregnant, once those animals are born more then likely the majority of the litter will end up in a shelter and being put down anyway.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• it is a cat!!
    right?
    cats are nice , but they do not count- lol
    she is doing the cat a favor and all the unwanted cats out there have a better chance of a good home now
    i do not think she will go to hell for having a cat fixed or kittens aborted
    just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• catLol that was great. Murderer....just kidding.. to natures own. Either way you choose you'll get beat-up.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Have had to do it twice... hate it when a cat gets out when its in heat (and you already have a scheduled surgery date, ugh!). I'm not pro life though. I'm pro population control.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am pro life.. If my puppy was pregnant, I wouldn't have the puppies killed.

& your neighbor should have thought about getting her cat fixed BEFORE she got pregnant again..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well if the animal was pregnant I wouldn't do it but after they had the litter I would get the fixed ASAP
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No way. Although, when I took my cat in to get her fixed, it ended up she was pregnant at the time (with her 2nd litter). I had unknowingly mixed up the numbers in my phone number when I wrote it down at the vet's office when I dropped her off. They tried to call, but obviously couldn't reach me so they went through with it anyways. I am so very thankful I was dyslexic that morning because I would have ended up with some kittens. There is no way I could have made the decision to go through with the procedure and have her babies killed.
    PlaycareMommie

Answer by PlaycareMommie at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• SuperMommy, seeing as this is a spinoff from the prolife meat eating post. Do you eat meat? Both are killing an animal?
    Honest! No offense hon! My wheels are turning and I'm looking for intelligent debate. Nothing more! :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh btw, I didn't vote you down! :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think there's a diff between being pro-life and eating meat...I wouldn't destroy the puppies because I love dogs and I don't eat them lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010