Still don't think inflation is coming?

Link text

But the Fed would like to see prices rise more quickly than they currently are. When it announced the bond-buying program, the central bank said inflation is "somewhat low" compared to levels it considers consistent with price stability.

While flat prices may seem like a good thing for shoppers, the Fed wants to prevent deflation, a widespread and debilitating fall in prices and wages. Deflation also erodes the value of homes and other assets and makes it harder to pay off debts. The United States hasn't grappled with deflation since the Great Depression in the 1930s.

Funny how the very last sentence in this article is
Food prices rose slightly in October, the department said.

I've done several questions and from what I see people are noticing everything is going up. Once again the government is trying to hide something.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's awful isn't it! I just replied to someone else's question about what we have to do to keep our kids happy with money and things. It's not so bad when they are younger, but as our little people get older they sure are expensive. A family has to work constantly. My household is struggling just like everyone else, and we are considered a middle class household. I just don't know how everyone is not effected by these things. Sure do hope things get better, but it's not looking that way right now.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• What goes down must come up I suppose. It always seems to be gradual so we can gradually get used to it. Before we know it, BOHICA! What used to cost $2 is now $2.35. That adds up.

Our government is about as transparent as an onyx rock, so I would say they are hiding something.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• "Inside Job" great movie about how we got into this mess!!

'Inside Job' is the first film to provide a comprehensive analysis of the global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial collapse. Through exhaustive research and extensive interviews with key financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics, the film traces the rise of a rogue industry which has corrupted politics, regulation, and academia. It was made on location in the United States, Iceland, England, France, Singapore, and China.

This is a movie for people of both parties!!! Like I have been saying for years, the Banks rule what the President does. That is also why I say that there is only one party!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Is there actually anyone who doesn't know/admit it's coming? (Guessing I probably know the sad answer to that)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The Cost of “Living” is way too high. Eventually it takes a toll on one’s health and everyone around you. Our country as well as the rest of world is a mess. =[
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It is headed our way but we can only hope wages will rise to offset it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• – collapse
    Yah, I know it is coming. So....what do you want ME to do about it? Why are you posting this?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Somebody in office is lying through their teeth! Food has been going up, along with everything else around here. My husband works a full time job. I stay home with my son, who is disabled. Because of my husband's hours , for me to get a job (or try to) he'd have to quit his job and hope he could get something else to fit around my hours. I'm feeling the pinch hard here already and prices are going to continue to go up!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't disagree about prices going up but what do you think the government is trying to hide?

Do the decisions made by private corporations play no role in the economy?

It seems interesting to me the the profits in many industries are going up, just like the prices they charge for goods and services.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The United States hasn't grappled with deflation since the Great Depression in the 1930s.

Well isn't that an odd coincidence? Obama is basically trying the same things as Roosevelt.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010