Should a principal ever take a student (1st grader) home to get there backpack?

Would you think it was weird if the principal of your daughters school showed up on your door step (with your daughter) and said "she forgot her backpack and was really upset about it." So this a male principal and a 6 year old girl... How would you react and what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Male or female, the principal does not take my child home.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• He should have called you. 1. How can you trust him, he is a stranger. 2. Who says you are okay with him driving her.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would FLIP out!!! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! Being that he's authority in a school he should know better. I sure hope you didn't let your daughter return to school with him. If you did, shame on you.
    Call the school board and let them k now what happened. NO TEACHER/STAFF member should EVER leave school or even go off property with any child. EVER!!
    Call the school and report him!! Parents should be called in this case.
    You said your daughter was upset, did she say if anything happened?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would be pretty upset. If your daughter was upset about it he should have called you.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't find it odd because the principal is a male, I find it odd they didn't call.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• NO! Absolutely not! I would be questioning my kid if about being touched, and why wasn't the parent called about the backpack in the first place! No, can't understand this one! I'd be flipping out!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, I would not want anyone from my kids school taking the anywhere. Male or female.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That is a little weird. Why was she upset? I would put my mother intuition to work, how do you feel about it? What is the school policy on children riding in a car with someone without a parents approval?
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i'd be upset. no where in any form for school did i 'ok' a teacher/principal to take my child (alone, not as a known group activity) anywhere without my consent. i may even raise a stink to the higher authority about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• angryI dont care male or female nobody should be taking your child your child anywhere. You dont even know this person and lets say you did he should have contacted you to drop the backpack of home. I would be through the roof if someone took my son anywhere with out asking me first. Girl I'm hot now....

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2010