Do you think a 16 yo boy of divorced parents is better off with his father?

If the father's a decent guy, of course, then I think he needs to be living with and learning from his father about how to be a man. Especially if his mother is skipping from man to man and house to house and not giving him any stability at all.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, if the mother is acting like that the father would be best for him. I would say no though to him living with him just to learn how to be a man.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't think it would matter man or woman, as long as they are a decent parent and ready to be there.. would you want him learning to be a man from a jerk? In that same sense if the mom is too busy running around to stop and be a decent parent, for sure he should be with his dad... depends on the situation. I know if something ever happened to my hubby, I would still be able to raise our boys to be good men... even thought I'm not a man.
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 11:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think it all depends on the circumstances...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That depends on where the boy thinks he'd be happy
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't think anyone is ever that black and white. Nor do I think a boy needs to "learn how to be a man." If he wants to live with his father over his mother, they sure, he should be there. If the father has a better financial situation, that should factor in as well... But his mother is still his mother and he doesn't deserve to miss out on his mother simply because her life isn't perfect... The choice should take all factors in to account, not just what you have here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If the father is stable and responsible then a 16 year old should be with him. I do believe that if a boy can be raised by his father then he should be.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In that situation, yes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes i do think so, hopefully his dad would teach him how to treat lady's and other good things that moms can't, if he was a younger then i would say with his mom but he is old enough...why don't u ask him who he wants to live with and why?
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In the situation you mentioned, yes.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In this situation I would say yes, but he is old enough to know what he wants and he should have the last say.

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010