• In the Spotlight:

How do you get motivated on a dreary day?

Today is so gray and dreary that I really just want to curl up in the recliner with my book and a mug of hot tea in front of the fireplace. But instead here I am at work and having a really tough time getting motivated to get anything done. Any suggestions?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hear yea, here in the Buffalo, NY area it's windy, raining, and very grey and I am having a hard time finding the energy to get anything done. But the fireplace and a warm cup of "Candy Cand Lane" tea will really help, go for it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I get more motivation on dreary days. It's a great excuse to stay inside and get work done.... since playing with the kids out in the sun is not an option.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Be thankful you can do that when you get home...a lot of people can't.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's hard for me to get motivated whenever the weather is cold. I just want to be warm under a blanket and do nothing else. You just have to push yourself and remind yourself you'll feel guilty later if you dont' accomplish anything today.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010