Have you ever..

doubted or questioned your religion?

If so, for what reasons?
What was the conclusion of your thoughts?

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 11:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Of course. Which is why I am now an atheist.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I've doubted religion in general at some points.... like when someone very young dies... or when we tried for years to have a baby and my cousin had four in that amount of time, all with different men, all while she had no home, no job and was on drugs... the last she had in jail. I guess I feel religion is a very personal thing... and you have to believe in it in your own way, and that is always going to be growing and changing just like everything else in life.
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 11:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am a Catholic.. they teach us if we follow God he will be there for you.. so when he's not I would question the whole concept... I am not all that religious though
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 11:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have never doubted because I see all the goodness in God. I questioned but only lead me to better conclusions and more faith.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i've never doubted God. i have questioned certain aspects of the various xtian denominations..which is why there are so many to choose from, i s'pose.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The religion I was "raise" with, YUP. I'm an atheist now. I don't question it, only people's ridiculous assumptions of what it means and how they ever came to such erroneous conclusions.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, I began to question the validity of religion I was being raised with at a very young age. I searched, I ingested copious amounts of information regarding religions too numerous to list, and the final result is that the more information I had, the less I could believe.

I am an Atheist.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't know that I've "doubted" it really. I have sat around and thought "what if" about creation by God Vs. creation by chance. My conclusion was that all of the beauty in the world couldn't have just happened by chance. Whether you believe life was put here completely by a being that can do anything or that it completely happened by science, you're still dealing with this vast universe that was JUST THERE. Crazy either way and I choose that God did it. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Jessica, you don't believe it's plausible that beauty is by chance? Is beauty that meaningless to you that something had to create it?

It's like someone handing you 20.00 and you finding 20.00 on the ground -ethics aside-, the 20 you found out of common sense means more because it was destined! Not because some omnicipent being gave it to you..
    gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010