When did you know you were religious?

Or were you just born into it?

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I remember having a spiritual nature as young as 3....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Describe a "spritual nature"
    gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• honestly? my 20s. i was raised in a conservative, strict baptist home (mother's family full of preachers), and as a 'pleaser', i think i was doing what was expected of me. i never wanted to rock the boat, didn't like be called out as different, etc. i always wanted to blend.
    sometime in my late 20s i realized what i truly believed, what God really meant to just me, and over the next 15 yrs i 'grew' into my relationship, better understanding what my life was to be, how to show God to others through my life (not just my actions..and certainly not just my words). i think i'm relateable because i have shown myself to be so unperfect, even though my true nature is very OCD. my closest friends, xtian/non, realize i'm just trying to live life, and that i do make wrong choices. it doesn't make or break who i am in God's eyes. i still claim Him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I was baptized as a baby and grew up going to church every Sunday. My mom did a great job making sure we got to church and sunday school. I would say I had just started high school when I truly felt that I was Christian and I could appreciate everything that I was learning and get a full understanding of it. Since then my faith has grown to where I feel like a woman who serves the Lord.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Growing up we didnt attend church. I said prayers I even picked up a bible and read it occassionaly as a teen I felt like I was missing something. I started going to church on my own, reading the bible and really started knowing this is what I should be doing. It even got stronger when I had my first child.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• When I had children, I looked to a better future. I wanted to give them the best education possible, yes that is a biblical education.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I was raised a Catholic Christian.
    18 years of misery.
    Then in college I met up with some "Earth Religion" practitioners.
    Never looked back!

The Goddess has blessed me as her Priestess!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Ive always felt spiritual and a connection. Its just grown and strengthened over the years.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't believe I am religious. I am spiritual. I have faith. I feel a connection to the Divine, my fellow man, and a drive to strive for the deeper truth in life. As long as I can remember, I've had that drive, that yearning to search for truth and meaning, that relationship with God, and a growing sense of humanity and what it means to be human. Its not about an established orthodoxy or religion to me, but about finding our own connection and understanding, about the personal conviction and cultivation of spirituality and humanity. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I knew I was religious when I DIDNT know myself.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010