Can any moms of little ones relate?

It seems are 15.5 month old is biologically wired to go to bed early (between 6 and 6:30) and wake up early (between 5 and 6 am...we consider ourselves lucky if it's after 6). This wouldn't be so bad since after all, it means my husband and I get a nice long evening together if it meant that she slept through the night. In addition to waking early, she's also up anywhere from 1 to 3 times during the night. This means she naps by 9:30/10 am...but she has refused an afternoon nap for ages. She nurses 3 times during the day. Recently, I stopped the night nursing and am holding strong with my decision in the hopes it will teach her to be a better sleeper. Instead, I pat her back and walk out (which sometimes has to be repeated several times within a 90 minute period). More over, our friends tell us that we're in it for the long haul with nursing...and that if she hasn't self-weaned by now, she'll want to nurse for a long time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just weaned my 20 month old. He went from being a great sleeper to waking up crying every night .
    Anonymous

• my son also was breast fed till last month when he turned 18 months which was his deadline he still gets breast milk n a sippy cup but thats it, he use to go to bed 7 -730 pm every night n would get up at 5 - 6 am i told his doctor n they say its okay, so if i was u i wouldnt worry just take it as a wonderful blessing
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm in the same situation only I lay my son down around 8-830 and he wakes up around 7-8. I still breast feed and he wakes up a least 3 times sometimes 4 to nurse. I think your doing great. Hold strong girl. She'll get the hint sooner or later. Just make sure she gets a least one drink at night, other then that my doctor said a baby this age doesn't need to be fed at night, they should be sleeping through the nite.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Kids will constantly change sleeping habits as they get older. My youngest didn't stop waking 2 or 3 times a night until he was 3 years old. Just hang in there.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010