Do you think this is a bit rude??

I got an email this morning from my MIL with a link to her other grandson's Christmas wish list. She sent it to just about EVERYONE in the family. There isnt a single thing on this list that is under $40. This is the most spoiled rotten kid I believe I have ever met in my life. Pardon me for speaking the truth. But at the age of 6 he got an xbox, age of 7 he got a Wii, and now at 8 he's got a playstation 3 on his list. Let's just say he doesn't go without a THING throughout the entire year in general. Do any of you think this is just kind of tacky? I understand making a list for grandparents and what not, because my mom requested one for my kids. But to send it to EVERYONE? As if it's his birthday or something? She also wrote in the email "I don't expect you to buy the expensive things, but the other stuff is easy".. really? Easy for who?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• More than a bit rude. I don't send out lists and don't even know anyone who does. Our family comes to us asking what we would like our kids to have or what they need. Anything else seems like panhandling or giving out orders.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LOL yeah rude!! Did you email her back and tell her that she must have ACCIDENTALLY sent you his list since you know she would NEVER do it intentionally since you have children of your own to buy for!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• She didn't do the same thing for your children? If not, thats not okay. I'd bring that up to her. Confront her and stand your ground. I don't mean start a fight though... She's a grandma to your children as well, not just your nephew. If she's playing favorites then its going to be very bad for your children to allow her to do that kind of damage to them. Believe me, I grew up with a "grandma" who played favorites. It does do a lot of damage to a child.
    hmhmom

Answer by hmhmom at 12:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Lol. Yeah rude. I would get the kid a savings bond, how boring is that?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree..it wasn't her place to do that..why don't you send her a list of all the things you want? Including a gift of cash to cover the things you are apparently required to buy her other grandchildren?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You say she sent a link to the boy's list, who made the original email?

I'm just wondering if the child's mom sent the list to Grandma, which I see as ok. Either way, I do think it's rude that Grandma sent out the child's wish list to everyone like that.

Did you send her a list for children so she can forward it out too? lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It is one thing to give a list to people who ask "what should I get Susie" but to send it out to everyone - that is VERY TACKY and would make me feel like they expect everyone to buy from that list (as if anything else would not be 'good' enough). Frankly if I got a list like that it would make me NOT want to buy anything off the list.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Very Rude just buy what you want and ignore the list!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I dont think I would offer suggestions unless asked...Who knows though maybe she thinks she is being helpful? Regardless... It is the though that counts not the gifts....alot of people forget the real meaning of Christmas!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• WOW, i dont do that! I get everything for my kids myself!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010