Those who believe in a 'Young Earth'

What, other than your bible is the evidence behind this belief?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• does it really matter? You won't believe it anyway...
    Anonymous

• You're right, it wont. However, I have a large number of christians in my life, and I strive to understand the motivation, justification, and overall mindset which permits them to harbor those beliefs.

Call it curiosity, you do not have to humor me.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I guess it is all relative in that our planet could be younger than other planets but isn't our Earth a couple billion years old?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I forgot to mention that museums all over the world have fossils that prove the Earth is a whole lot older than the Bible says it is. And no,the dinosaurs did not walk the earth with humans. No way. I think we can all agree on that. LOL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Dinosaurs didn't actually exist. Their bones are simply tools of the devil used to make God-Fearing Xtians into non-believing Atheists. Ptooey! The earth was made 3,000 years ago. Duh. *holds bible*chopped head

The earth is BILLIONS of years old. Duh.

gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You gotta give Obbie credit for wanting to see & try to understand the other side of the argument. She is a true debater. Got to see both sides to make a thoughtful, intelligent point.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ANd what is the "other side" of the debate? The Earth IS a few billion years old.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I read the Bible and I believe the earth is much much older.People who believe in the young earth theory just aren't getting a full understanding of Genesis.The Bible does not support a young earth belief !
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 1:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Ask these guys
    http://www.icr.org/
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No one knows how old the earth is...it could be trillions of years old. To be honest, I fail to see why we seem to have a need to know how old it is in the first place, it's not like knowing is going to change anything.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010