Is it okay to leave my baby in his swing??

I was just wondering if it was okay to sometimes have my 6 week old baby in his swing while he is awake or should i be playing with him every time he is awake??

CassieM2B

Asked by CassieM2B at 12:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I leave my DD in her swing all the time, where I can see her so I do dishes and vacuum and such. Youre good !
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• he needs the interaction and it sounds like you realize that....but its ok for him to just sit and observe too....dont feel bad if you just let him hang out while you do the dishes or take a shower etc...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't think it will hurt him to swing sometimes as long as he is happy in there. If he were crying I'd say take him out but if he is okay in there, let him swing.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• the swings are a great way to let them entertain themselves for a bit so you can get something done
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 12:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• As long as you are in the room,sure, my daughter always feel asleep in that swing. The only time i made her sleep in her bed was at night time so she would know it is night time and time to sleep.Not just a nap in the afternoon. Be careful though my daughter moved forward and almost flipped out of the swing. Thats why you have to be present and always on watch.
    Stevensmom707

Answer by Stevensmom707 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wouldnt do it all the time but I would leave DS in there so I can get some dishes done or vaccum....Just dont do it all the time so that he has some interaction with you still...but its ok to have some you time when the little one is still awake.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's perfectly okay. I'd recommend only 15 minutes an hour though. Thats the recommended time limit given by doctors.
    hmhmom

Answer by hmhmom at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Baby swings are lifesavers. If your baby is content in the swing and you have things you need to get done around the house, then let him swing away. I'm sure you don't leave him/her in the swing around the clock so I think you are good to go. I don't know what I would have done without my baby swings when my kids were little. My oldest had to be moving and be entertained at all times and that swing was a lifesaver.
    lorig2010

Answer by lorig2010 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i used it so much and now i still have her baby swing in her room and she still loves it. she climbs in and out by herself now but it was a lifesaver when she was a little baby. its ok to put them down while you do things around the house.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's perfect way to help him learn to self sooth or entertain himself.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010