Why do people get..

So offended whenever you talk about a religion other than theirs about being THE religion??

I never understood that..I mean, if the zombie gave people free will, than fallible human xtians should be able to understand that they can do, think, say, or feel whatever they please about xtianity...

Yet people continue to get their panties in a knot and then act VERY unchristianly...

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 12:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I tend to get mad when anyone talks about their religion being THE religion because I don't agree with any religion being superior over the other.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Maybe they feel like you are forcing your opinion? Or that you are being disrespectful to their religion?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• But why is it okay for Christians to be disrespectful and force their opinion on others, but not okay for other religions to do it too?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Human nature...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't know. When you want to have a mature conversation then let me know because calling others 'zombie' things is childish and RUDE.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• They feel entitled. Simple as that. Their beliefs state that you should never question them (and later contradict their self, stating that you are to question and seek knowledge)... They feel that anyone who is not in agreement with them is siding with some imaginary, pitchfork wielding, flame throwing, virgin torturing, fallen angel who also reads minds and implants unholy ideas into the minds of the weak... and that by disagreeing you are being used as a tool against them.
    Their book grants them ultimate entitlement, it gives them a free pass at the "nuh, uh!" card in the argument.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Christians are to share the Word of God with others, discuss it, and show through their own actions how to love God. Christians should not force it on others, have heated debates about religion or judge others. Simply tell and show.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• So I dunno how to answer this question. I think it extends far beyond religion. People are people and unfortuneatly some people suck!
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Lol. Telling me I'm going to hell is rude, so I'll take my chances. I don't believe that the son of god that xtians say is even worth saying. It starts with J. Saying that word makes me feel uncomfortable, if you have another suggestion, then feel free to tell me and I'll consider it.
    Also, Folks of a Xtian religion, are held by some type of moral code to turn the other cheek etc.

gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nobody wants to face the possibility that the religion they know to be true & hold so much faith in, could be wrong. Christianity is easy to debate, because it has LOTS of unexplainable loopholes. That's why christians are so very defensive. How many times can they say "because the bible says..." That is not a suitable answer to those who have a hard time blindly believing.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010