Ouch HELP ME TMI

I have had a problem for a while, I get huge boils, in summer on my thighs when I wear shorts, ot on my sides. Well today, I noticed on the top of where your pubs grow that it was extremly sore, I look at it and there is a HUGE boil, I would say it is bigger than a half dollar? It hurts so bad, there is no head to it yet, and it feels like it is really deep. I think it may have a few heads it is so big. Has any one ever had a boil there and that large. When I took my shower I put a hot wash rag on it to try to help draw it up some ?What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• Yes I have had 2 there before!! Its horrible! Ive had over 15 boils in the last 3 years! Ive had 2 lanced and have been on antibiotics for most. My dd also started getting them around 5 months! :( You need bactraban(sp?) cream to kill the infection. If it hurts that bad already then you should consider going to the hospital. When mine got too bad they turned into cellulitus and thats worse than the staph itself. And thats what boils are; Staph. msg me if you have any questions! Unfortunately Im a pro at this shit! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would go to the doctor. My roomate and another friend used to get these. The roomate was just given some meds but my friend had to have his cut and then stuffed. It could be community acquired MRSA or just cellulitus, either way the dr will be able to give you something to clear it up so you don't have to deal with it. If you put a hot washcloth over it you might be able to draw it up to the surface and the heat might take the pain away. I wish you the best I know how painful these can be...and just a pain themselves!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008