DO you fear the dentist?

I have had the same dentist for 10 years , i am still so afraid to go. like today i have to get a, x-ray cause i now have a cyst , on my gum afraid to go... however i am

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 12:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• I was terrified until yestarday. I went and had a bunch of work done and it honestly wasn't that bad!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yep.. i like to be gassed if they pull teeth lol i'm a big baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes.. I'm convinced he's the devil in disguise. Dentists are sadistic bastards imho.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Scared to death!! As a kid my mom took me to this dentist that didn't know what he was doing & that dentist scared me for life!!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• oh yeah need anxiety pills
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nope! I love my dentist-- he has treated me (and my whole family) for most of my life. He is a very nice, caring person, and has a good chairside manner. As someone who used to be a Chairside dental assistant- I can tell you the right dentist can make ALL the difference!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Terrified. Literally terrified. I will let my teeth rot before I am willing to go. I actually let two teeth get so bad that I had to have them pulled. I popped a Xanax before I went in and it was amazingly helpful. I was actually able to not freak out and cry for once.
    So if you have Xanax, take one before you go in.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No issue here. LOL I had a root canal and he couldn't get me all the way numb with the shots and I had to finally just say go for it and stop with the trying to numb me. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't say I fear going to the dentist but I definitely do not enjoy it.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I used to hate to go, but then I found a very gently dentist, I never see a need.e, and I don't mind going....as much.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010