Do you see cars as status symbols?

The nicer the car, the more money they must have right?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• o we have to buy what we fit in right now i ROCK a minivan because it seats 8
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• that was NO,
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think people WANT the car to be a status symbol but that doesn't mean others will see it that way. I see fancy cars as a waste of money. Functionality is where it is at, and my minivan rocks! LOL
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think there are some people who want you to think that. But I think there are some people that have nice cars and money and there are people who have nice cars and no money because they are spending it all on their car.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I used to in my 20s now I wonder how much money people are in debt because of the car they are driving. We have 3 cars and no car payments and it is awesome.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No - I used to drive down a backroad to get to my parents house that has shacks and run down trailers, but they had REALLY nice cars!

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No I don't, to me a car is a means of transportation.

Answer by older at 12:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I know some people that drive BMWs or Benzs and live with their parents :). I'd rather have my own house and rock my Honda Accord and my Toyota Highlander thanks.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 12:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't think it "matters'' what you drive as for ....''driving''. (as a way to get around) So yes I see it as a cry for attention. I see it as what it is, a person that didn't get what was supposed to happen and they put it in the car.
    They embrace the rich feel.
    They are in one mind with the car.
    Those seated in a luxury car have indicative personalities.
    It's a persona.
    Think it and your ARE IT
    Believe you're rich and you're rich!
    No it's not a status symbol, they really believe it's the truth... Poor people are looking at them, really looking and seeing that this is not just a waste but a power play. It's not enough to be poor, but they will have to see them be rich right in plain sight.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Makes me wonder what happened to the common man? Humble yourself. It's an addictive world we are in.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010