Can I still be ovulating or approaching ovulation if my cervical mucus is watery but not stretchy?

My cervix is high, open, and soft

LindsayLL2010

Asked by LindsayLL2010 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. Not everyone has the same 'stages' of approaching ovulation with their cervical mucus. In books it usually says that you would normally 'dry up' after your period. Then, you could possibly go from dry to sticky, to creamy, to watery and then egg white, but I personally don't always have the egg white, just the watery and I am ovulating. Have you also been doing OPK tests and charting your temps every morning to see if you are in fact ovulating each month? That has helped me to pinpoint each month when I ovulate.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We just decided to try to start trying for a baby. My 2 1/2 year old wasn't planned so I've never charted or anything. I just had my IUD removed after having it for 2 1/2 years and never had a period with it...ended up getting it 3 days later and have been checking my cf and position sense then. I just ordered some opk test strips online and they should be here in a few days but I'll be past ovulation by then and will have to start them next month.
    LindsayLL2010

Comment by LindsayLL2010 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. That is perfectly normal. Some women have more watery CM versus stretchy and some women have watery before stretchy. If your cervix is HIGH, OPEN, WET, and SOFT it's time to do the baby dance. ;)

GOOD LUCK!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• There is no need for OPKs if you are charting CM and CP. CM and CP tell you when to have sex. PluS OPKs can be inaccurate.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010