car seat recomendation??? HELP

Ok, my kiddo is over 20 lbs and eleven months old, time for the next seat! What's next? What do you like and why? And yes...unfortunately....money is an issue, I don't need anyhting too over the top, just safe and practical.
THANKS!

Tirzah6

Asked by Tirzah6 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr100108.html
    Check out this website...it has the new safety information for forward facing carseats. Then you can google them to find out prices. Good luck!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hi there! My daughter was born at 10 lbs. so naturally had a head start on the weight thing. We ran into the same question ourselves! She was 9 months old - over the weight limit for the car seat she was in but not old enough for the next stage up - even though she met the weight requirements. There are car seats that accomodate for not only rear-facing infants but can also be faced forward for when they get to be 12 months (or whatever the rule is about forward facing car seats). Now you would think this combo would cost more but we got an "Evenflo" car seat with the rear and forward facing capabilities (and its up to 44 lbs.) for $40.00 at Wal-Mart. Check it out! Hope it was some help!
    SarahAshley

Answer by SarahAshley at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 ($149 @ Target) for my 1 year old. I know that is a lot of money but the seat does go up to 100 lbs and can be used as a car seat, booster seat, or backless booster seat. This was very important to me in Michigan since the carseat laws require children to be in booster seats until age 11 or 4'9". Hope this helps
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054497

it's ff and rf. My duaghter uses it in my moms care w/o any porblems. I just recommend getting a strap cover for the shoulders.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just a little note...the ones that are used from rear facing all the way up to a booster seat have been found to not be safe. It's on the website I posted earlier. I'll have to buy a new one when it's time to use it as a booster. Crash tests on all of the convertible car seats don't look pretty. Just an FYI. Good luck.
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 10:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2008