playtex drop-in nipples

Our daughter is almost 10 weeks old. She usually eats around 4oz every 3 hours or so. She has been eating 4 oz. since she was 2 weeks....She weighed 11lbs. at her 2 month check up. Lately, she has not been finishing her bottle....she is only eating 3 oz...but then wants to eat again 2 1/2 hours later. Now she will often eat......take a 10 minute break and eat more but still doesn't finish the 4 oz. Do you think it's time to change the nipple? I used different bottles with my son and can't remember.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 1:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would make her a 3 oz bottle .. change the nipple to a fast flow and add a little bit of cereal in with it to thicken it up .. that's what i did with my son when i had pretty much that same issue.
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 1:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Her growth spurt has slowed. Just give it a couple weeks and she'll be back to normal or eating more.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my daughter sounds EXACTLY the same as yours :) she will eventually even back out. My daughter will be 4 months next friday and she is eating 4 1/2 to 5 oz FINALLY lol she is still tiny though I don't think she has gained only 1 1/2 lbs since her 2 month check up.. I wouldn't put cereal in it just feed her when she wants it!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• btw I use the same bottles also :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I honestly never used the slow speed nipples, my kids just didn't like them. But it sounds like your daughter is in between growth spurts. It's normal that her feeding habits with change - over and over again... Just go with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010