Your Last "Encounter"

What was it like the last time you and your BF/SO/Hubby had sex? Was it still new, hot, boring, routine? And how long have you been together?

My SO and I have seen each other since high school and I would say our sex life is still really good but not every time is hot or anything anymore...I think some of it gets to be a routine. He is gone for months on end for work, so last night with him being home was pretty hot sex, but this morning was just kind of lazy wake-up boring sex. I wonder if we are normal or in a rut?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Honey you are not in a rut if you had hot sex on your reunion after he came home. The morning sex was probably just a little sleepy. I think you are normal. My SO and i have both routine sex and WOW sex . It's pretty equal. All in all, I think you are normal. If you are bored, you can always suggest some new stuff. Go for it!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• your normal...some days "WOW", some days "eh"... even just before we separated...a good majority of the time we were "WOW"...maybe it's because we have (had) separate bedrooms...

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• today was my SO's 50th birthday. We've been together 2 1/2 yrs. We had hot wild monkey sex last Thur and he rocked my world. He's always great but some days he's just outstanding. I think he feels he has something to prove with getting older. I don't care about the reason. I care I get pumped really good & hard when he gets like that! Like Tina Turner used to say he "never does anything nice and easy!" woo hoo. With not being married I think that helps us not get into a rut. If we do then he has to go! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• lol my last encounter was AMAZING i get another one this weekend thank god and i bet the anticipations will make this one STUPENDOUS!
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 9:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We've been together 10 years, and married for 4 years. We had sex yesterday and it was wonderful. :)
    Anonymous

• We had sex this afternoon (he works night shift) and that was the third time today. It's never hot sex for me anymore. We've been together almost 13 years. But he seems to have a good time so I just let him have his fun. I don't think it's a rut, I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea, plus other health problems so it's no wonder I don't feel sexy most of the time.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• sometimes is great, sometimes is just so-so. alot of the times, however, is dependent on what time of day it is, how tired you both are, what your stress level is at the present, how was work that day, or really, whether you'd rather be watching hgtv. but, that's what being in a committed relationship is, ups and downs. ins and outs. LOL what matters is how you respect one another, and how the act of loving is approached. too often i think we equate having sex, with making love, and really, they are different. you can have sex with yourself. you 'make' love with that special person, who you want to please and be pleased by. the act in itself is love, when you frame it that way. we do things all day that can be contrued as foreplay, sometimes that foreplay lasts several days, if you're one of the busy couples who only have intercourse once a week. love is what you make it. if you want it to be exciting, make it that way.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• That's normal.  I've been married for 20 years and although it isn't fireworks every single time, our sex life still rocks.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• oh i forgot to add that we've only been married a year
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We've been together 7.5 years, married for 6.5 of that. Last time we had sex we were both super drunk, and I have to admit it wasn't that great LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008