I need help fixing boiled eggs.

I either don't get them done enough or get them too done and end up ruining about a dozen eggs. Is there a trick to it so that I get it right everytime? I feel so dumb that I can not boil and egg right. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I boil mine for 10 minutes, turn off the heat, put a lid on the pan for another 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I usually just boil water with salt.. Add the eggs, let them boil for about 8 minutes.. Usually, the shells will start to crack a little by then.. Then drain them and run cold water over them for a few minutes..
    I found this on yahoo though..

If you want soft boiled eggs, 3 minutes. Hard boiled eggs, 7 minutes. Regardless to which you choose, after boiling, cold water rinse them, to stop the cooking process. If you over cook them, the eggs will become rubbery and develope a green color around the yolk, this is what causes alot of people to get indigestion.
    You can cook hard boiled eggs by simply bringing the eggs and water to a boil, covering them and let the eggs set for 15 minutes. They will not over cook with this process.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I put a little vinegar int the water to keep the eggs from cracking. Put them in the water for 10 minutes at a low boil -"8" instead of "10."
    Then rinse with cold water
    happycboys

Answer by happycboys at 1:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I usually turn the burner on to about 6 or 8 and put the eggs in and in about 10 minutes they are boiled and then rinse in cold water and crack the shell completely by beating them together and peel they turn out just right every time for me.
    My mother in law buts them in water and cooks them at a lower temperature for hours and when the water gets to half way down the egg they are done. I seriously don't know how she does that.
    BlkWingedAngel

Answer by BlkWingedAngel at 1:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ha...I always just boil them until 1 explodes....alwasys works out for me....lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A lot also depends on the freshness of the eggs.
    I also lay the box on its side as soon as I get them if I know I'm doing eggs in a week. This places the yolk more in the center. So, if you're making deviled eggs, the whole is centered.
    Start with cold water. I normally boil for 10-15 min on just a very low boil. Then quickly take off heat and keep running cold water over them. This will stop the cooking and also make it easier to remove shell.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i let them come to room temp - usually i will take them out of the fridge before going to bed to cook in the morning. i put them in the pan, fill with cool water, put a lid on, and turn the stove on. once they are boiling good, i time 2 minutes, then turn the stove off and time 10 minutes. empty out the hot water and fill with cool, til they are cool enough to handle. then i put the lid back on, shake the pan to crack the shells, fill again with cool water and let sit a few minutes. then they peel perfectly every time and are perfectly cooked. i also do not use just-bought eggs, i use ones that have been in the fridge for 1-2 weeks - older ones peel easier than fresher ones.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I put both water and eggs in the pan, cover with water, bring to a boil. Let boil for 15 minutes then run cold water on them and let sit, drain and repeat.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 2:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Slow boil for 18 minutes, cool quickly in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010