As a pro life supporter do you agree with welfare?

I find that most people who are pro life also oppose welfare. I just wonder how women are expected to take care of these babies you are suggesting they have. Please NO BASHING ONLY INTELLIGANT COMMENTS. If you feel the need to bash my oponion or question, hit the back button!

ayindemommy

Asked by ayindemommy at 9:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know that I already answered this question tonight....what happen to the other question???
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• none of the prolifers are willing to take me up on the idea that if they think abortion is so bad, then they should all go and between them adopt all the children that are in foster care or orphanages in the USA due to unfit parents or the mother choosing life over abortion but not being able to keep the child. They want the "babies" to be born but after that they just don't seem to care where they end up...
    Anonymous

• I feel they should be responsible enough to not get pregnant if they cannot support themselves and a child. There is all kinds of inexpensive birth control, and yes, I realize it is not 100% effective, but it usually works. If they do end up pregnant after being "grown up" enough to have sex, they should also do the responsible, unselfish thing and give that innocent child a chance at life. There are many good people aching for a baby to love!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Simple work and stop having sex. Be the responsible adult.
    Anonymous

• i don't think being a pro-lifer or pro-choice has anything to do with how one feels about the welfare system. not all people on welfare are women with babies they didn't or wouldn't abort. some are men, or past-childbearing years women.
    also, i'm sure i've answered this question at least twice in the last couple months, but again: with the adoption system we have in this country, you cannot simply go out and adopt a child because you want to, or to keep one from being aborted. there are laws/policies in place that keep some from being able to adopt. there's also the cost of adoption..not all pro-lifers make enough money to afford adoption. also, here in arkansas, on tomorrow's ballot is an amendment that is trying to ban cohabitating couples (non-married) from adopting. so, see, its not a black and white issue.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• none of the prolifers are willing to take me up on the idea that if they think abortion is so bad, then they should all go and between them adopt all the children that are in foster care or orphanages in the USA due to unfit parents or the mother choosing life over abortion but not being able to keep the child. They want the "babies" to be born but after that they just don't seem to care where they end up..

Are you kidding, why do you think so many american couples are going overseas to adopt? They get put on a waiting list forever to adopt an american baby, but don't give adoption one second of a thought because having them burn it and suck it out of you is so much easier.
    Anonymous

• By the way I think Welfare has its place, its the people that take advantage of it that make it wrong. Some people have used it and gotten back on their feet and made something of themselves, then their are other people that stay on it forever and get their nails done.
    Anonymous

• It's all well & good to say "Don't have sex," but when the damage is already done, and you KNOW you can't afford a child, and you KNOW that not even close to all of the kids placed up for adoption will be adopted (and consider that it's more expensive on the taxpayers to pay for everything for a child from birth to 18 than it is to pay for medical care and foodstamps for a few years for that child and his mother) and those who are adopted run serious risks of being abused (it happens more than we like to admit), abortion starts to look like an option.
    Anonymous

• i think that if they can't support a baby they should give it up for adoption and then everybody wins. the mother gave life, prevented worsening her sin, the adoptive parents have been blessed and bless this baby with a bright future. and the tax payers don't pay anything. i think it's so narrow minded when you ask a question like this but never consider that you don't have to kill a baby for people not to get on welfare. only problem is that no one seems to be selfless enough to actually do this. thing is is that you didn't think of the adoption as an option before you asked this.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i'm pro-life and I would expect them to do what I did... get a job!! I worked and only took off time to have my baby... then I worked and went to school so I could get a better job and not have to have public assistance. My son is now 20. Also... it usually takes 2 people to make a baby so make the father of the baby pay child support. If it is the case where it's due to rape... there's adoption.. and there are alot of families willing to adopt babies. My issue isn't with welfare.. it's with the system that makes it permanent instead of temporary. If a mom needs temporary help to get on her feet when she finds herself pregnant and unable to support the baby, fine... or if u lose ur job and fall on hard times... it should be a temporary fix. My issue is with women who already have 1, 2, or 3 babies already on welfare and pregnant with number 4.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2008