Is it just as bad to wish you had a miscarriage as it is to get an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I personally think so.. I would never ever, under any circumstance, wish my unborn baby dead!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not to say it's right that you're wishing for a miscarriage, but it's worse to actually go through with an abortion. With an abortion you're actually going through the motions to murder your child. Wheras a wish to or to have miscarried is only a thought. Now, if you wish you had misscarried then you should look into giving your child up for adoption, or being a surrogate to another couple. The wish may cause resentment and dislike towards your child, which will lead to a bad road ahead, but you still didn't murder it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In my opinion, no. But then, I don't think wanting to get an abortion is wrong. No, I do not mean every woman should have an abortion (yes, someone has told me that that is what I mean).
    busyyoungmom

Answer by busyyoungmom at 1:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No I don't think wishing you had a miscarriage is as bad as getting an abortion. Like jasslikemraz said, when you choose to abort your baby, you are actually taking their life by your own hand. If you wish for a miscarriage, even though I don't think that's right either, you are just wishing your baby would die naturally. However I also agree that if you are going through a pregnancy you don't want, then please give the child up for adoption instead of keeping it and being angry or resentful towards the child.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• One is taking action.. and one is not.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• HORRIBLE< and if you wish that then you don't deserve to be a mother! Nuff said!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• maybe she has good reasoning behind not wanting a child at this time in her life not enough money or other personal reasons you should do what you feel is right for yourself dont feel less of a woman for doing what you need to do good luck
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, it's not. JoLee - Get off your high horse. You've offended too many moms on here with your hurtful, mean words. You should learn to keep your mouth shut; these mothers hurt ENOUGH as it is and they don't need you spouting hurtful, degrading words. I think you need a swift kick to you ego.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• well Tam, if you ask me a question, then I a going to answer, ther is nothing good, or okay about wishing death on anyone, born or unborn! And if I am the evil one, then maybe you need to reevaluate your morals! I dont degrade anyone! I simply tell the truth, and most of you are so "nice" that in the long run you will never help anyone!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010