How does this sound? (calling business to offer services)

"Hi. My name is Melissa. I'm an owner of Honest Labor Services, LLC. I'm calling to see if you need carpet or floor care services and if not that I can leave my prices and information with you?"

Or should I tweak how I say it to companies a little bit?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 1:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sounds good to me.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sounds good. But pause to ask them how they are before you say why you are calling.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well hubby and I own a Carpet Cleaning business. And most businesses require cleaning services to fill our their application, show proof of general liability insurance (with $1,000,000 in coverage) with the companies name on it and BID for the contract! So, for example, we just landed a local contract for several mall based stores in our area, let's call that company "XYZ"! We had to add XYZ to our gen. lib. insurance and show copies of that proof along with the bidders contract before we were granted the contract.

Smaller businesses like Doctor Offices and such don't usualy take things this far, but I would start with mailing a letter out and saying you will call within the next 5 business days to discuss your pricing and services. The next step is setting up an appointment with a manager to book and sign the contract.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We're just a (very) small carpet, floor, and upholstery cleaning business. We have liability insurance. We're just trying to take on smaller companies right now.
    SparklingHope

Comment by SparklingHope (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010